Cannot find OIDs? Update the SolarWinds MIB Database for the Orion Platform
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
ACM — APM — NAM — NOM — NPM — NTA — SRM — VNQM
SolarWinds maintains a MIB database that serves as a repository for the OIDs used to monitor a wide variety of network devices. The MIB database is updated regularly.
When you are creating a UnDP poller and cannot find an OID in the MIB tree, update the MIB database.
- Log in to the Customer Portal (https://customerportal.solarwinds.com/) using your SolarWinds Customer ID and Password.
- On the left under Helpful Links, click Orion MIB Database.
- If you are using Internet Explorer and it prompts you to add the SolarWinds downloads site
http://solarwinds.s3.amazonaws.com, add the site to your trusted sites.
- Specify a location where the file will download.
- After the download completes, extract
MIBs.zipto a temporary location.
- Open the folder with the extracted
MIBs.zip, and copy
MIBs.cfgto the SolarWinds folder on your default install volume.
The default location depends on the operating system. For example, on Windows Server 2012, MIBs.cfg is located in
You may need to restart the Universal Device Poller after installing the MIB database.