Define custom HTTP applications
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NPM
In addition to choosing from predefined applications, you can define custom HTTP applications, and add them to nodes you are monitoring.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click QoE Settings > Manage QoE Applications.
- Click Add New.
- On the Select Application page, select Create a new HTTP application, and click Next.
- On the Configure Application page, enter the name and description of the application you’re creating, and then choose the Category, Risk Level, and Productivity Rating appropriate for the application.
Set the URL Filter. This specifies the HTTP application traffic to monitor. When you choose which filter to use in the drop-down, notice that the example changes to indicate how the accompanying text field will be used.
For example, selecting Hostname contains changes the help text to
http://*...*/path/page.html. Any text you enter will be included in the filter where the "…" is.
- Enter the hostname or URL for your filter, and then click Next.
- On the Specify Nodes page, choose the nodes to monitor for this type of traffic. Only nodes that have already been specified as nodes to monitor (on the Manage QoE Nodes page) will display in this list.
- Click Next. Review your choices on the Summary page, and click Finish.
Your new application will display on the Manage QoE Applications page in alphabetical order.