Automatically connect objects on maps in the Orion Platform with ConnectNow
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
DPAIM — EOC — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
ConnectNow displays connections based on data polled for nodes with enabled L2 and L3 topology pollers, and for unidentified nodes.
An unidentified node is a node that was found on the network but which is not managed by Orion. These devices might be switches, hubs, routers, or other devices without names or addresses.
Unidentified nodes can be virtual, generated to signify an indirect connection in your map. For example, when a topology calculation cannot find any direct connections between two nodes, an unidentified node is generated between the two known nodes.
- The ConnectNow tool cannot draw indirect connections between nodes. For example, if nodes A and C are connected indirectly through node B, you must manually add node B to the map to create the connections.
- Orion Enterprise Operations Console (EOC) does not support ConnectNow.
Connect objects on maps automatically using ConnectNow
- Add the nodes to an open network map.
- Click ConnectNow () in the Home ribbon.
Update the Topology
ConnectNow displays data stored in the TopologyConnections database table. By default, the data are re-calculated every 30 minutes. You can update the data manually.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Node & Group Management grouping, click Manage Nodes.
- In the More Actions drop-down list, select Update Topology.
The values in the TopologyConnections table will be re-calculated and your topologies will be updated.