Assign licenses for Orion Platform products to a server
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
The License Manager automatically assigns an activated license to a server that needs a license.
When do I need to assign a license?
- To use the license by a different polling engine
- To improve polling capacity (stacking licenses)
- To change the default polling engine or web server assignment
Stack licenses (Additional Polling Engines)
Stacking licenses can improve the polling capacity of your polling engines. You can assign up to four polling engine licenses to one server.
Each polling engine can poll a specified number of elements at the default polling interval. After reaching the maximum number, the polling interval is prolonged. To maintain the default polling interval, assign an additional license to the same polling engine. See Scalability Engine Guidelines for more information about extending the monitoring capacity.
Assign licenses to a polling engine
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Click License Manager in the Details section.
- Select the license to reassign, and click Assign.
- Select a polling engine and click Assign.
The polling engine is now using the license.