ActiveSync in Mobile Admin
This section provides information about managing Microsoft ActiveSync with Mobile Admin.
To manage devices with ActiveSync, the devices must be associated with a Microsoft Exchange server. To manage ActiveSync, access the application and select the Active Sync icon located on the Mobile Admin Manager Services list or a server you can access in the Mobile Admin Manage Hosts screen.
ActiveSync versions 2007 and earlier are not supported.
ActiveSync is detected by a connection to
https://server/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync. If the HTTP GET returns a 401 unauthorized method message, ActiveSync is detected.
ActiveSync uses your Mobile Admin login credentials.
The communication method for ActiveSync is Microsoft Exchange Management Shell.
ActiveSync can only be used when Remote PowerShell Invocation is selected in the host properties page of your Exchange server.
To troubleshoot, use a browser on the Mobile Admin server to connect to
https://server/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync. When the authorization dialog displays, cancel the dialog to display a 401-unauthorized method.
ActiveSync allows you to:
- View devices partnered with the server you select
- Remotely remove partnerships,
- Vew policies associated with devices
- Wipe data off the device
Locate devices by user name
- In the ActiveSync Device Management home screen, select the Find Devices by User Name icon.
In the User Name field, enter the name of the user you want to locate. Entering a partial name will prompt a search of the following mail box identification attributes: CommonName, DisplayName, FirstName, LastName. You must enter at least three characters.
- Select Find Users.
A screen displayd the search results.
Mobile Admin limits the search results to 50 users. If more than 50 users match the search criteria, refine your search.
Locate devices by email address
- In the ActiveSync Device Management home screen, locate the Find Devices by Email Address icon.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email address associated with the device. Specify an email address that uniquely identifies a mail box.
- Select Find Devices.
List all devices
In the ActiveSync Device Management home screen, select the Show All Devices icon.
View device details
- Search for the device by either looking it up by user name, by email address, or by viewing a full list of available devices.
- Select the device you are interested in to view more information about it.
View device policies
- Display the device details.
- Select View Policy.
Removing a partnership removes the device from your Exchange system. Use this option when the device is not connecting successfully. Removing and re-establishing the partnership could help resolve the issue.
You cannot remove a partnership with a test device.
- View the device details.
- Select Remove Partnership.
Wipe a device
Wiping a device will remove it from your Exchange system and remove all data from the device.
- View the device details.
- Select Wipe Device Data.