This section describes how to install, set up, upgrade, and uninstall the Mobile Admin Client software on Android wireless devices.
You can install the client software using a wireless connection or from your desktop.
About installing the software wirelessly
If you are installing the software using a wireless connection, locate the URL for the location of the Mobile Admin Client software.
Minimum system requirements for Android devices
The Android wireless device must meet the following requirements:
- Android v2.2 and higher
- VPN client (strongly recommended but not required)
Install the Mobile Admin Client wirelessly
- Open a supported web browser.
Navigate to the URL where your Mobile Admin Client software is located.
The Mobile Admin Client Installation screen appears.
The default URL for the location of the Mobile Admin Client software is
ServerNameis the name of the server where the Mobile Admin Server software has been installed, and where the number after the colon refers to the port number selected to be used by Mobile Admin.
- Record the displayed server settings:
- Mobile Admin Server: the name of the network server where the Mobile Admin Server was installed.
- Mobile Admin port: the port number that the Mobile Admin Server will use to communicate with your wireless device.
- Connect using HTTPS: indicates whether a check box with the same name (Connect using HTTPS) must be selected or cleared when you enter the server settings the first time you connect to the Mobile Admin Server.
Click the link Install the Mobile Admin Client.
The Download screen displays and confirms that you want to download the application file and to confirm the location where the application file will be stored.
- Change the location for the file (if required).
- In the Download screen, select the Open file after download check box.
A status bar displays the installation progress and closes when the installation is complete.
- Click Start > Programs.
- Verify that the Mobile Admin icon displays in the list to ensure that the installation was successful.
Install the Mobile Admin Client through Google Play
- Open the Google Play Store application on your device.
- Touch the Search item in the first screen.
- Search for Rove Mobile Admin Client.
- Select Rove Mobile Admin Client from the list of search results.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is completed, verify that the Mobile Admin application is visible in your device application list.
Set up the Mobile Admin Client
The first time you use the Mobile Admin Client on your device, you must enter the server settings that were displayed during the installation of the software. These settings include the host name or IP address of the computer where the Mobile Admin Server was installed, the port used to connect to the Mobile Admin Server, and whether or not you want to connect using HTTPS.
If you do not have the required server settings, contact the administrator who installed and configured the Mobile Admin Server on your network.
It is strongly recommended that you connect to your network through a VPN before you start this procedure.
From your list of available programs, scroll down and select the Mobile Admin icon.
A welcome message displays.
- Enter the server settings you recorded from the Mobile Admin Client Installation screen or received from your network administrator.
If required, select the Connect using HTTPS check box.
While it is highly recommended that you connect with HTTPS. You cannot successfully connect to the Mobile Admin Server with HTTPS unless the Mobile Admin Server is configured to use HTTPS. For questions regarding the server settings, contact the administrator who installed and configured the Mobile Admin Server on your network.
Save the settings.
The device saves the settings and attempts to connect to the Mobile Admin Server. A message displays, prompting you to allow the Mobile Admin Client application to connect to the network.
The Mobile Admin Client connects to the Mobile Admin Server.
If you entered the server settings incorrectly, an error message displays. Review and then close the message to return to the Mobile Admin welcome screen. If Mobile Admin can detect the cause of the error, the error message will provide specific instructions to change or correct your server settings. If Mobile Admin cannot detect the cause of the error, review your server settings carefully, make any required corrections, and try to connect again.
Upgrade the Mobile Admin Client
Follow the procedure Installing the Mobile Admin Client software on Android devices.
Uninstall the Mobile Admin Client
From the Application list, click Settings.
The Settings screen displays.
- Click Applications > Manage Applications.
- Scroll down until Mobile Admin appears on the list.
Click the Mobile Admin icon.
The Application info screen appears.
A message displays verifying that you want to uninstall the Mobile Admin application.
The uninstall progress screen displays.