Access CA Service Desk and CA Change Orders in Mobile Admin
This section provides information about how to use the Mobile Admin Client to manage CA Service Desk.
All procedures in this chapter assume that you are logged in to Mobile Admin and that you have selected a CA Service Desk server from your Manager Hosts list, or selected the CA Service Desk service from the Manage Services list.
Mobile Admin uses an HTTP request to detect the presence of the CA Service Desk web service.
Mobile Admin will prompt for CA Service Desk credentials.
The Mobile Admin server uses the CA Service Desk web service on the DEFAULT profile to communicate with CA Service Desk.
CA Service Desk and CA Change Orders
Mobile Admin supports CA Service nest 11.1+.
Set the CA Service Desk connection properties
- Log in to Mobile Admin.
- Select the server you want to access through the Manage Hosts screen.
- Select Server Properties on the menu.
- In the CA Service Desk port field, enter the port on which the CA Server is listening.
- If the CA Server requires an SSL connection, this must be configured at this time with the CA use SSL option.
- In the CA version field, select the version of the CA Service Desk server you will be connecting to.
- Select Save on the menu.
The CA Service Desk Server port can also be set when initially adding a CA Service Desk service to the Manage Services screen.
Accesd the CA Service Desk application
The first step in managing CA Service Desk is accessing the application. To access the application select the CA Service Desk icon from the Mobile Admin Manage Services screen, or from a view of a server reached via the Mobile Admin Manage Hosts screen. Enter your username and password when prompted.
Log out of CA Service Desk
You must log out of CA Service Desk if you want to log in as a different user.
On the menu, select Change credentials.
Receive Mobile Admin dashboard notifications
If desired, you can subscribe to receive notifications to your Mobile Admin Dashboard of changes in the status of incidents, problems, requests, group requests, change orders, and group change orders. In the event that you receive a new alert for any of these categories, you will be automatically notified by Mobile Admin. After receiving the notification, you can view its details and take action to resolve or explore the notification. To subscribe to these feeds:
- From a view of the CA Service Desk home screen, select what you would like to receive notifications about (e.g. my incidents, my requests, etc.).
- Select Subscribe to this feed.
- Enter a feed name and optional contact information.
- Select Subscribe on the menu or the screen associated with the creation of the new feed.
On the CA Service Desk screen, you will see different types of request listed. The number in brackets next to the incident types notifies you of the number of requests in that list.
- The My Incidents item lists the incidents assigned to this user.
- The My Problems item lists the problems assigned to this user.
- The My Requests item lists the requests assigned to this user.
- The My Group Requests item lists the requests assigned to all the groups this user belongs to.
Create a New CA request
Select New Request from the CA Service Desk home screen and follow the wizard to create a new request.
List change orders
Change orders are displayed on the CA Service Desk home screen. The number in brackets beside the change order types indicates the number of requests in that list.
- The My Change Orders item lists the change orders assigned to this user.
- The My Group Change Orders item lists the change orders assigned to all the groups this user belongs to.
Create a New CA change order
Select New Change Order from the CA Service Desk home screen and follow the wizard to create a new request.
On the Search page, you can search for a particular record or a listing of records:
- From a view of the CA Service Desk home screen, select the Search icon.'
- Select which record type to search for: Requests or Change Orders.
- Select the search method: Reference Number, Assigned Group or Advanced.
- Follow the wizards and/or fill in the desired search parameters.
View and edit a CA record
- On any search results page, select the record you wish to edit or view information for. The record's detail page appears.
- To edit a CA record, make the desired changes on the record's detail page and select Save from the menu or the screen associated with the record.
View and edit the custom fields (Properties) of a CA record
- On the record's detail page, select the Properties menu item.
- To make changes to the properties, enter the desired information and press Save.
Viewing the Contact Info for the Affected User of a CA Record
- Follow the procedure to view a CA record, and select the record for which you wish to view more information.
- On the record's detail page, select the Contact Info menu item.
Change the status of a CA Record
- Follow the procedure to view a CA record and select the record that you want to make a status change for.
- On the record's detail page, select the Update Status menu item.
- Complete the fields as required and select Save.
Reassign a CA Record
- Follow the procedure to view a record and select the record you wish to reassign.
- On the record's detail page, select the Transfer menu item.
- On the Transfer page, input the partial/whole last name of the user that the record is to be transferred to. Select Search.
- On the Assignee Search Results page, select the user to transfer the record to.
- Select the assignment group for the user in the New group field. Select Accept.
Escalate a CA record
- Follow the procedure to view a record and select the record you wish to escalate.
- On the record's detail page, select the Escalate menu item.
- In the New priority field, select the new priority you want from the drop-down list.
- Follow same steps outlined in the "To reassign a CA request" section above.
Log a comment for a CA tecord
- Follow the procedure to view a record and select the record that you want to log a comment for.
- On the record's detail page, select the Log Comment menu item.
- Enter the comment in the Comment field and select Accept.
View the activity log of a CA record
- Follow the procedure to view a record and select the record for which you would like to view the associated activity log.
- Select the Activity Log List menu item.
- Select an entry in the list to view it.
Attach or detaching a change order to or from a request
- Follow the procedure to view an incident, request, or problem and select the desired item.
- Select Attach Change Order or Detach Change Order.
- If attaching a change order, enter the change order's reference number.
- Enter a description for the attach/detach activity.
- Select Accept.