You can send your Heroku logs by adding a drain to Loggly. We will automatically parse the logs as well. For alternatives on Heroku log analysis, please see the Advanced Options section.
Use drain to send your heroku application logs to loggly. Follow below command to send logs.
heroku drains:add https://logs-01.loggly.com/bulk/TOKEN/tag/heroku --app HEROKU_APP_NAME
- TOKEN: your customer token from the source setup page
- HEROKU_APP_NAME: the name of your Heroku application
Send some test logs to Loggly. If you’re using a logger library in your respective technology, set it up on Heroku to log to stdout.
puts 'hello logs'
Search Loggly for events with the heroku tag over the past 20 minutes. It may take a few minutes to index the event. If it doesn’t work, see the troubleshooting section below.
Click on one of the logs to show a list of syslog fields. If you don’t see them, please check that you are using one of our automatically parsed formats.
- Heroku Automated Parsing – We automatically parse the source, dyno, and more
- Loggly Libraries Catalog – New libraries are added to our catalog
- Search or post your own Heroku tail logs questions in the community forum, read more about the Heroku app here, or visit Heroku.
If you don’t see any data show up in the verification step, then check for these common problems.
- Wait a few minutes in case indexing needs to catch up
- Run the "heroku drains" command to verify Heroku has created the drain
- Run the "heroku logs" command to verify Heroku has received the logs you sent
- Try curling an event to the bulk endpoint to verify Loggly is able to receive your events
Still Not Working?
- Search or post your own question in the community forum.
When the APM Integrated Experience is enabled, Loggly shares a common navigation and enhanced feature set with the other integrated experiences' products. How you navigate Loggly and access its features may vary from these instructions. For more information, go to the APM Integrated Experience documentation.
The scripts are not supported under any SolarWinds support program or service. The scripts are provided AS IS without warranty of any kind. SolarWinds further disclaims all warranties including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The risk arising out of the use or performance of the scripts and documentation stays with you. In no event shall SolarWinds or anyone else involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the scripts be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the scripts or documentation.