By forwarding Loggly alerts to OpsGenie, you can notify users via iPhone and Android push notifications, email, SMS, and phone calls. You can also track the alert life cycle, escalate alerts, and more. Loggly can send alerts via email and using webhook. Here’s how to create alerts via both methods in OpsGenie.
Option 1: Integration Via Webhook
OpsGenie provides a web API for Loggly to create alerts directly in OpsGenie servers. The advantage of using the web API is that it’s easy to set up. However, to get more details about your alerts use the email option described below. Follow these simple steps to set up webhook integration:
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven’t done so already.
- Go to the OpsGenie Loggly Integration page.
- Specify who should receive the Loggly alerts using the "Recipients" field. User(s), group(s), escalations policies and on-call schedules can be specified as the alert recipients. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Click on Save Integration button.
- An "API Key" is generated for the integration. Copy the integration URL provided on the integration page.
- From your Loggly account, navigate to the "Alerts" page and click the "Add New" button.
- Choose one of your desired saved searches in the "Saved Search" section.
- Check "Send to an endpoint" box and click "Add New".
- Choose HTTP "Endpoint" and POST "Method". Paste the API URL you copied in step 5 above into the "URL" field.
- Click Save.
- Make sure "Enable this alert" is checked and click Save.
- Congratulations! You have integrated Loggly with OpsGenie.
- – Alert properties can be configured from Loggly Integration, Advanced Settings page.
- – You can now manage your Loggly alerts at OpsGenie and leverage its full alerting functionality.
Option 2: Integration Via Email
OpsGenie can integrate with any software or service that is able to send the email. OpsGenie can process incoming emails and create, acknowledge and close alerts from incoming emails by applying user-defined rules. Note that OpsGenie also provides product specific Integration Plugins for many popular monitoring tools as well as a Web API and command line utility (lamp) for integration.
Email-based integrations configuration can be done on the Integrations page.
Basic configuration to create alerts
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven’t done already.
- Go to the OpsGenie Email Integration page.
- Each email integration is assigned an email address that you can customize.
- Recipients and Teams fields are used to specify "who" should be notified for the alerts created by this email. Recipients can be users, groups, schedules or escalations. These fields have auto-complete support hence available options are displayed as you type. You can also use "all" as the recipient to notify all the users.
- Optionally, you can change the name of the integration.
- Click on "Save Integration".
You’re done! OpsGenie will create an alert for each email that is sent to the specified email address. By default, email integration uses the email subject as the alert message, and the email body is put into the alert description field. If the incoming email comes in HTML format, OpsGenie also attaches the original email to the alert.
Email attachment size is limited to a maximum of 10MB. If the size is exceeded, the email will be discarded.
- If an email integration is disabled, emails sent to that email address are ignored by OpsGenie.
- If Suppress Notifications is checked, OpsGenie will create alerts, but users will not receive any notifications for the alerts.
Advanced Configuration to create alerts
Basic configuration allows creating alerts with minimal configuration. For advanced settings please click here to learn more.
When the APM Integrated Experience is enabled, Loggly shares a common navigation and settings with the other integrated experiences' products. How you navigate Loggly and access its features may vary from these instructions. For more information, go to the APM Integrated Experience documentation.