Create a group
ipMonitor allows you to organize individual monitors and devices together under a group. A group does not contain the actual monitors and devices, but references them as members. As a result, monitors and devices can belong to several different groups.
You can create dependency relationships between critical resources and the entire group. These relationships prevent multiple alerts from being sent when only a single alert can suffice.
In the toolbar, click Devices.
- Under Groups, select a group where you want to create the new group.
Click the Add drop-down menu and select Add New Group.
In the Group Name field, enter a group name.
SolarWinds recommends choosing a group name based on the level of importance, purpose, location, responsibility, and department.
- Click Add Dependencies.
- In the Add Dependencies window, select the monitors you want add, and then click Continue.
- Click OK.
Add monitors and devices to a group
- In the toolbar, click Devices.
- Under Groups, select a group or device.
- Click the Add drop-down menu and select Add Existing Monitors or Add Existing Devices.
Select the monitors or devices that you want to add, and then click Continue.
You can add both monitors and devices to the same group.