Add team member accounts to Identity Monitor portal
You must be an administrator to create new team member accounts in the Identity Monitor portal. Accounts can be granted either administrator or user access to the portal.
To add an individual team member account:
- Log in to Identity Monitor as an administrator.
- Click to extend the left panel.
- Under Admin, click Team Management.
- Click Add User.
- Enter the new user's identification information, and select the access level: User or Administrator.
- (Optional) Enter the user's Public PGP key.
The PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) key is used for sending encrypted messages between two people. If you have a PGP encryption key pair, paste the public key into the PGP field. In future versions of Identity Monitor, this allows send encrypted emails to be sent using PGP.
- Toggle if the user should be added to Notification Preferences upon creation.
- Click Add User.
The new user account receives an email invite, from which they can accept and setup their account.
Any user that is not within the same domain as the administrator who invited them must verify ownership of their email address.
Both Users and Administrators can optionally enable two-factor authentication (2FA) security on their individual accounts. 2FA is an extra layer of security that requires both a password and username, as well as a keycode that only the authorized user should have immediate access to.
Identity Monitor allows you to setup 2FA on your account by integrating Identity Monitor with a two-factor authentication mobile application, increasing the security of your account.
You must download a two-factor authentication app onto your mobile phone to complete 2FA setup on your account.
Enable two-factor authentication
- Log in to the Identity Monitor portal.
- In the upper-right corner, click on your account email.
- Select Account Settings.
- Click Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Download the two-factor authentication app of your choice.
- With your mobile phone authentication application, scan the QR code provided in the portal or enter the provided authentication key.
- Enter the unique passcode provided by the 2FA app into the Passcode field in the Identity Monitor portal.
- Click Confirm Code.
If you need to switch authentication to a new mobile device, it must first be disabled on the user's account. Once added to an account, 2FA can only be disabled by Identity Monitor support.