Join an Internet Session in Dameware
This topic provides remote users with the steps for joining an Internet Session. Dameware technicians can distribute this information to any remote user, as needed.
Use the Internet Session link to connect to a technician from your organization. The technician can send the link to you through email, instant message, or any other method of communication.
The following examples illustrate the Internet Session link naming convention:
InternetHelp variables with values specific to your organization.
You can click the link to join the Internet Session, or you can join the session manually.
If you want to join the Internet Session manually, you must install the Dameware Mini Remote Control client agent on your computer. If you do not install a client agent, you are prompted to install it when you click the link.
Join an Internet Session manually
- Copy the Internet Session link.
- Open your Dameware Mini Remote Control agent.
- Select Join Session.
- Paste the Internet Session link into the prompt.
- Click Join Session.
- You may receive a security exception when you activate the link. Before you accept, ensure that the Internet Session link is from your organization.
- Depending on your browser, you may be prompted to allow the website to run the Dameware product.