Connect to an internal computer using Dameware Mini Remote Control
This topic applies to both Remote Support and Mini Remote Control.
This topic describes how to use Dameware Mini Remote Control to connect to a user internal to your network. The computer you are connecting to must have the Dameware client service agent installed on it. The agent controls the communication between the technician's computer and the end user's computer. If the computer does not have the agent installed, you are prompted to install it when you try to connect. To install the agent, you must be an administrator of Active Directory. If you are not an Active Directory administrator, see Install Dameware Mini Remote Control client agent service for alternate ways of deploying the Dameware client service agent.
Before you connect to a computer internal to your network:
- Ensure that you have the host name or IP address of the computer to which you want to connect.
- Ensure that you know the connection and authentication method to use to connect with the computer.
To connect to an internal computer using Dameware Mini Remote Control:
- Launch the Dameware Mini Remote Control application.
- Click Connect to server.
Dameware Remote Support centralized includes a copy of Dameware Mini Remote Control.
- In the Host field, enter a host name or IP address of the remote system.
If you are working with Global Host Lists, you can select a host.
- Select an Authentication method, and a connection method.
- Enter the credentials, and on the toolbar, click Connect.
When Dameware Mini Remote Control successfully connects with the remote system, a Connected to message is displayed.
If you are unable to connect to a computer, see Receive Error 5: Access Denied when connecting to a remote computer using Dameware Mini Remote Control.