Invite a remote host to an unattended session in Dameware
This topic applies to Remote Support.
Dameware provides the ability to connect and troubleshoot users' computers that are internal or external to your network. Connections outside your firewall require that you configure the Dameware Internet Proxy that you use to connect with users over an attended or unattended Internet Session.
Connect to a remote host through an unattended Internet Session when you expect to support the user in the future. After a user connects through an unattended Internet Session, their computer displays on the list of remote hosts
- Log in to the Administration Console as an administrator.
- Under Internet Proxy, click Settings.
- In the Deployment link property, click Edit.
- Click Copy to clipboard, and notify the remote user of the Internet Session URL.
The deployment link field must be accessible to users from outside your firewall.
After the remote user copies the deployment link in to their browser, the user is prompted to download the preconfigured agent for unattended access. The agent establishes communication between the remote user's machine and the Central Server.
- After the agent is installed and connects with the Central Server, click Approve for Pending connections.
After the connection is approved, the remote computer displays on the list of Remote Hosts in Dameware Mini Remote Control.
You can now connect to the remote computer.