With Big Panda, you can receive alert notifications via email, SMS, mobile push, or phone call. You can then manage the alert life cycle (acknowledge, take/assign ownership, close, etc) through the Big Panda web UX or using their mobile device app.
- In your BigPanda account go to the Integrations page.
- Click the New Integration button and choose AppOptics
- Choose a name for this integration and generate a App Key.
- Copy the App Key and Token. This is used in the AppOptics configuration.
With your BigPanda information in hand, navigate to the Settings section in the menu to the left, and choose Notification Services. Click on the BigPanda integration, then on the "Add Configuration" button.
Enter the BigPanda configuration details:
- Title: Give the service destination a name.
- App Key: This is the AppKey copied from BigPanda
- Token: This is the Token copied from BigPanda
After setting up the service you can tie alerts to a service destination. You can read more about creating alerts in the Alerts knowledge base article.
When an alert fires the payload is sent to BigPanda as a Incident.
When the APM Integrated Experience is enabled, AppOptics shares a common navigation and enhanced feature set with the other integrated experiences' products. How you navigate AppOptics and access its features may vary from these instructions. For more information, go to the APM Integrated Experience documentation.