AppOptics Getting Started Guide
Welcome to the SolarWinds AppOptics Getting Started guide. With AppOptics, you can get started by doing any combination of the following:
- Install a Snap Agent to simplify the collection, processing and publishing of system data through a single API.
- Install an Application Monitoring Agent to generate metrics about the applications’ performance (APM) and detailed distributed transaction traces. Install a SolarWinds provided agent to gather application metrics for the following application languages:
- Install on Windows
- Install the .NET Core SDK
- Install the AppOptics Go Agent
- Install the Java Agent
- Install the Node.js Agent
- Install the PHP Agent
- Install the Python Agent
- Install the Ruby Agent
- Use the AppOptics API to create your own collector or use basic scripts, simply create a token and POST metrics to our RESTful API. You can find existing tokens or create new ones in your Organization Settings under the API Tokens sub-menu.
- Configure Custom Metrics to send any type of metric to AppOptics via language bindings, open source collection agents or even a simple curl command with an HTTP POST
Once you are finished setting up your metrics and data collection, use the AppOptics Administrator Guide to learn how to set up alerts, charts, and dashboards.