Install or Upgrade WPM
Current version: WPM 2020.2.1
Released: August 25, 2020
- Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to install WPM, as described in the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- After installing WPM on the Orion server, you can deploy WPM Recorders and WPM Players to remote systems to get an accurate sampling of your websites and services from the viewpoint of your end users. See the WPM Getting Started Guide for details.
- See also:
- Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to upgrade your entire Orion deployment, including all Orion Platform products and any scalability engines. See Install or upgrade Orion Platform products.
If upgrading from WPM 3.0 or later, you can upgrade your entire Orion deployment from the My Orion Deployment page (Settings > My Orion Deployment). Downloading the Orion Installer is no longer necessary.
- After upgrading WPM on the Orion server, be sure to upgrade any WPM Recorders and WPM Players installed on remote systems. See Deploy WPM to remote systems in the WPM Getting Started Guide.
- Do you need to migrate as part of your upgrade? See the Orion Platform Migration Guide. Be sure to update SEUM agents to point to the new EngineIDs, as described here.