To update your WHD software, perform the following procedures:
- Determine the upgrade path for a FIPS or non-FIPS deployment.
- Prepare for the upgrade by verifying that all system requirements are met, the product license is up-to-date, and all additional checklist items are performed to ensure a successful upgrade.
- Review the upgrade gotchas for any issues that may occur before, during, or after the upgrade.
- Prepare your WHD environment to upgrade to address common actions you need to complete before the upgrade.
Check your current WHD version.
If you are running WHD 12.6 or later in a non-FIPS deployment, go to step 6.
If you are running WHD 12.7.2 in a FIPS deployment, go to step 6.
If you are running a WHD 12.6 or 12.7.1 in a FIPS deployment, STOP. Upgrade to WHD 12.7.2 based on the upgrade path. When the upgrade is completed, go to step 6.
- Upgrade to the latest version.
- (PostgreSQL database only). If you migrated WHD to a new server, restore the PostgreSQL database on a new server.
If you do not plan to enable FIPS in your deployment, go to step 7.
Check your system after the upgrade to ensure that WHD was installed properly.
If you encountered any issues after the upgrade, troubleshoot the upgrade.