Manually add parts
- In the toolbar, click Parts.
- In the Parts List tab, click New Part.
In the Part No. field, enter a part number.
- Click the Manufacturer drop-down menu and select a manufacturer.
- Click the Model drop-down menu and select a model.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the item.
- In the Our Cost and Customer Cost fields, enter the appropriate amounts.
- Select the Tax Free check box if this item is not applicable to state or local taxes.
- Select the Inventory Alerts Enabled check box to receive an alert when inventory falls below a certain level.
- In the Notes field, enter any applicable notes.
- Click Save.
You can add manufacturers and models at Setup > Asset >Manufacturers & Models.
Add spare parts to a location
If you cannot add parts to a location, verify that the location is configured to store parts.
- Log in to Web Help Desk.
- If required, set up a location to store the spare parts.
- Click Setup > Companies & Locations > Location & Rooms.
In the Location name column, click the target location to store the parts.
For example, Austin.
In the Location Info tab, click the edit icon to enter edit mode.
In the Store Parts field, select Yes.
The storage location is configured to store the parts.