- Open a File Explore window.
Launch the Porteclé batch file from the following directory:
Click the Files of Type drop-down menu and select:
Enter a password.
The default password is:
The keystore displays, with a keypair entry alias labeled
tomcat. Web Help Desk automatically creates this key pair.
Right-click an alias and select Delete to delete a tomcat keypair.
- Click Tools > Generate Key Pair.
- Select an algorithm and key size.
- Enter 1024 or 2048, and then select RSA.
- Click OK.
- Enter the X.509 attributes for your certificate.
Select a validity (in days) that matches the number of days your CA certificate will be valid. The validity period is the period you specified when you purchased the certificate from the CA.
Typical validation periods are 6, 12, or 24 months.
- Enter a common name that matches the site used in the certificate.
- Enter an organization unit that distinguishes this certificate from other certificates for your organization.
- Enter an organization name, which is typically the name of your organization.
- Enter a locality name (such as a city name).
- Enter a state name.
- Enter the country where your organization is located.
(Optional). Enter a valid email address.
This is an optional setting that your CA may use as the email address to send your certificate.
For example, if Web Help Desk is hosted at support.example.com, your CN must be
This is the full name of the state, province, region, or territory where your organization is located.
This should be the two letter ISO 3166 country code for your country.
- Click OK.
- Enter the keypair alias
tomcat, and then click OK.
changeitin both fields for the keypair password, and click Enter.
The new keypair aliased by Tomcat appears in the window.