You can assign assets (such as printers and computers) to clients in your Web Help Desk system. Using this process, a tech can identify and connect to a client asset to diagnose and resolve an incident or problem.
- In the toolbar, click Assets.
- Below the toolbar, click Search Assets.
Select the Basic Search tab.
In the tab window, select or enter the appropriate criteria to locate the asset.
To locate the asset using a specific set of conditions, click the Advanced Search tab and enter your search criteria.
Your results appear in the bottom window.
- Click an available asset to attach to the client.
- Click in the Asset Basics tab to edit the asset properties.
- In the Clients field, search and select the client for this asset.
Complete the remaining fields as required, then click Save.
The asset is assigned to the client.