Create and manage a watch list
Create a watch list to alert you when specific IP or MAC addresses, hosts, or users connect to the network.
This procedure assumes you have already discovered the appropriate nodes and ports, and have added an Active Directory domain controller and appropriate credentials for UDT to use in retrieving user information.
- On the Device Tracker Summary page, click Manage List on the Device Watch List widget.
- Click Add Device/User.
- Select the object type (MAC address, IP address, hostname, or username) and enter a valid string.
- Optionally, give this item a name and description.
- Click OK.
- Repeat 1-5 for all objects you want to be added to the Watch List.
- Return to the Device Tracker Summary page. The Device Watch List will now show information about these devices if they have been attached to the network.
If a device is not found, a message saying that it "has never been seen" is displayed