Add and edit users
Users with administrator access can add users and assign permissions and access levels. Each user can span multiple companies and possess different access levels.
- In Threat Monitor, navigate to Access > New User.
You can also navigate to Access > Clone User to use an existing user account as a template and save time when creating multiple user accounts.
- On the Account tab, enter a user name and password.
- Select the Force password change check box, and then click Next.
- On the Contacts tab, enter the user contact information, and then click Next.
- To establish user permissions, click the Access tab and select one or more of the following access levels:
Superadmin: Admin rights - can do everything in the portal
- Ossec admin: Access to the OSSEC UI
- Syslog admin: Access to the Syslog UI
- Reports admin: Access to the reports tab
- Alarm view: Can see alarms
- Alarm admin: Access to alarm policies
- Email admin: Access to email templates
- Asset admin: Access to add and remove assets
- Policy admin: Access to policies
- For users that do not require administrative access, make no selection to grant read-only access, and then click Next.
- On the Company Access tab, select each company the user can access.
- Select access options for sensors, alarms, and test email, and then click Next.
When you select Receive alarms or test emails, select the appropriate Alarm mail template as well.
- Review your settings, and then click Next to create the new user.
- To restrict the type of log data each user can view, navigate to Access > Access Filters.
- From the Select User drop-down list, select a user name.
- Select one or more filter check boxes.
- Choose an action from the drop-down list, and then click Go.