Before you upgrade your SEM appliance, ensure that the Global Automatic Updates setting for your SEM agents is configured correctly. When enabled, agent upgrades occur automatically when available. Disable this option if change management or other testing is required for agent upgrades.
- Open the SEM console and authenticate to the SEM manager.
- Click Manage and select Appliances.
- Click the Settings tab in the Properties pane.
- Select or clear the Enable Global Automatic Updates check box according to your preferences.
The Remote Updates setting is updated.
Upgrade agents automatically in the SEM Events Console
On the SEM Events Console Settings page, you can enable automatic updates for SEM agents and set the number of concurrent updates.
- In the SEM Events Console, click the Settings button.
- On the Settings page, click the Updates tab.
- Click the toggle button to allow automatic updates.
- Set the maximum number of concurrent updates, and then click Save.
This setting determines the number of agents that can be updated at the same time.