Create and enable a change management rule
Change management rules notify you when a user makes network configuration changes. For example:
- Adding, changing, or deleting users in Active Directory
- Installing software on monitored computers
- Making changes to the firewall policy
You can create a general change management rule to instruct SEM to notify you when a user changes your network configuration, or you can create a more specific rule that applies to specific users, groups, or types of changes. Generally, if you can see an event in your console, you can create a rule for the event. Use your filters as a starting point for creating custom rules.
- In the SEM Events Console, click the Rules tab.
On the Rules toolbar, click Create new rule.
- Under Rule Values, expand the Events group, and then select NewGroupMember.
- Under NewGroupMember fields, locate EventInfo, and then drag it into the rule builder.
- To account for all variations on the word administrator, click the or add it hyperlink and enter *admin*.
- Keep the default occurrence and trigger actions settings.
- Click Next.
- Enter an appropriate rule name. For example, New Admin User.
- Under Options, click the toggle button to enable the rule after saving.
- Click Add new action, select Send Email Action, and then click Next.
From the Email Template drop-down list, select a template.
- From the Recipients drop-down list, select one or more recipients, and then click Add.
- Review your details and actions, and then click Create.