Create email templates for use with SEM rules
You can use email templates to customize your email notifications when triggered as responses in your custom rules. An email template includes static and dynamic text (or parameters). The static text lets you customize the message body of the email. The dynamic text is filled in from the original event that caused the rule to fire.
- On the SEM Console, click the Configure tab.
- From the Configure drop-down list, select E-mail templates, and then click Create E-mail template.
- In the Template name field, enter a descriptive name for the template.
- In the From field, enter who sent the message. For example, SolarWinds or SEM Manager.
- In the Message field, add static text, or click the Add parameter button to add dynamic text (parameters).
You can also type a $ sign directly into the message body to open the parameter naming tool.
The static text lets you customize the message body of the email. The dynamic text is filled in from the original event that triggered the rule to fire. For example, in the parameter name field, enter a reference to actual event data, such as
DetectionIP, DestinationAccount, EventInfo, etc., and then click Add.
- To save your template, click Create. When the email is initiated, the dynamic text (parameters) in the message body will be replaced by the actual value in the event log that triggered the action.
The new template is now available as an action type in your custom rule builder. To learn more, see Create a new rule.
In the Refine Results pane, you can also filter the groups by the modifier and the time last modified.