Add and modify connectors for agent and manager devices
Connectors intercept events sent from a specific product on your network and convert those events into normalized messages that SEM can understand.
- In the SEM Events Console, click the Nodes tab.
- Under Refine Results, expand the Type group, and then select the Agent check box.
- Select an agent, and then click Manage node connectors.
For Manager connectors, click the Manager Connectors tab to view configured and available connectors.
- Find the connector to configure. Type part of the connector name in the search box, or use the filter menus in the Refine Results pane.
- Select an available connector, and then click Add Connector.
- Complete the connector configuration form. The following fields are common across most connectors:
- Name: Enter a user-friendly label for your connectors.
- Log File: Enter the location of the log file that the connector will normalize. This is a location on either the local computer (Agents), or the SEM appliance (non-Agent devices).
- Output: Normalized, Raw + Normalized, Raw. You only need to configure these values if SEM is configured to save raw (unnormalized) log messages.
- Click Add.
- To start a connector, select a configured connector, and then click Start.