Create a connector profile from an agent
Create a new connector profile with preconfigured connectors from a selected agent.
- In the SEM Events Console, navigate to Nodes > Connector Profiles.
- On the Connector Profile toolbar, click Create, and then select From agent.
- Click select agent node, to view a list of available agents.
- Choose an agent node from the list, click Select, and then click Continue.
- Enter a name for the profile and a description (optional), and then click Create and Next.
Connectors that were already configured for this agent node will appear in the connector list
- Under Configured connectors, click Add connector.
- Under Refine Results, expand the Type group, and then select Connector or Active Response.
- Find the connector to configure. Type part of the connector name in the search box, or use the filter menus in the Refine Results pane.
- Complete the connector configuration form. The following fields are common across most connectors:
- Name: Enter a user-friendly label for your connectors.
- Log File: Enter the location of the log file that the connector will normalize. This is a location on either the local computer (Agents), or the SEM appliance (non-Agent devices).
- Output: Normalized, Raw + Normalized, Raw. You only need to configure these values if SEM is configured to save raw (unnormalized) log messages.
- Click Add.
- Continue to add more connectors to the profile as needed, and then click Next.
- Click Assign agents.
An agent can only be a member of one connector profile. Learn more about connector profiles here.
- To complete the connector profile configuration, click Finish.