Add a custom profile in SCM
To add a new custom profile to Server Configuration Monitor (SCM):
- Navigate to Server Configuration Monitor Settings, either from the link in the upper right of the Server Configuration Monitor Summary page or by going to Settings > All Settings > Server Configuration Monitor Settings.
- Click Add at the top of the list of profiles.
- Enter a name for the profile and (optionally) a description.
- Add configuration elements to the profile with the Add button in the configuration elements pane.
- Select an element type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a path or registry key for the element. See Element types for more information on permitted characters.
- Optional: Define a display alias for this element. If an alias is given, the element will be referred to by the alias instead of the filename or registry key.
- Optional: Enter a description of the element.
- Click Add at the bottom of the dialog to save the profile.