Monitor your network with SAM
Like all Orion Platform products, SolarWinds Orion offers immediate insight into the performance of your network. As you view data, you can access investigate further to troubleshoot alerts, forecast usage, and modify configurations.
Summary pages display high-level events and alerts, and performance data for immediate insight into all managed nodes for network devices, applications, virtual servers, and more. Use links in widgets to drill-down further into information, such as server resources and consumption, hardware, allocated virtual resources, application performance, and OS metrics.
Devices you want to monitor must be added to the SolarWinds Orion database. See Discover and Add Network Devices.
To monitor immediate needs in your environment:
- View notifications by clicking the bell icon at the top of the Orion Web Console.
- View events, alerts, traps, and Syslogs by clicking Alerts & Activity > Message Center.
This section includes the following topics:
- Monitor with Orion agents in SAM
- Monitor your virtual infrastructure in SAM
- Monitor your environment using AppStack
- Use alerts to monitor your environment with SAM
- Monitor application dependencies in SAM
- Monitor hardware health in SAM
See the Orion Platform Administrator Guide , which describes common Orion Web Console features, to learn how to:
- Monitor cloud instances and VMs
- Monitor container services
- Monitor Cisco UCS devices
- Group monitored objects
- View events, alerts, traps, and Syslogs in the Orion Web Console Message Center
- Use Performance Analysis (PerfStack™) dashboards
- Manage SNMP traps
- Monitor Quality of Experience (QOE) metrics
- Integrate SAM with ServiceNow® to generate tickets based on critical events and alerts
Additional monitoring tools are discussed in Monitor with AppInsight applications and Use application monitor templates and component monitors in SAM.