Monitor your environment with SAM
SAM offers immediate insight into the performance of your servers and applications. As you view data, you can investigate further to examine alerts, forecast usage, and modify configurations. Summary pages display high-level events and alerts, along with performance data for monitored nodes that represent traditional servers, VMs, applications, Nutanix clusters, and more.
Use links in widgets to drill down further and see details such as server resources, allocated virtual resources, application performance, and OS metrics. To monitor immediate needs in your environment, you can:
- Click the bell icon at the top of the Orion Web Console to view notifications.
- Click Alerts & Activity > Message Center to display events and alerts.
This section includes the following topics:
- Monitor with Orion agents in SAM
- Monitor your virtual infrastructure in SAM
- Monitor your environment using AppStack
- Use API pollers to monitor metrics via remote APIs in SAM
- Monitor application dependencies in SAM
- Monitor hardware health in SAM
- Use alerts to monitor your SAM environment
- Monitor processes, services, tasks, and events in real time
For more SAM monitoring details, see Monitor with AppInsight applications and Use SAM templates, application monitors, and component monitors.
The Orion Platform Administrator Guide describes functionality available in many products, such as how to:
- Monitor cloud instances and VMs
- Monitor container services
- Monitor Cisco UCS devices
- Group monitored objects
- View events, alerts, traps, and Syslogs in the Orion Web Console Message Center
- Use Performance Analysis (PerfStack™) dashboards
- Monitor SNMP traps
- Use Orion Log Viewer.
- Monitor Quality of Experience (QOE) metrics
- Integrate SAM with ServiceNow® to generate tickets based on critical events and alerts