Configure certificate error handling during Asset Inventory polling
By default, SAM ignores certificate errors during Asset Inventory polling. You can update that setting so users are prompted to verify untrusted connections before proceeding.
To configure how SAM handles connections with invalid certificates during Asset Inventory polling:
- Log into the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Navigate to the default folder,
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\AssetInventory\
- Using a text editor, open
- Scroll to <appSettings> and change "
false" to "
true" in the AssetInventoryVerifyServerCertificate line, as shown here:
<add key="AssetInventoryVerifyServerCertificate" value="true" />
- Save your changes.
- Use the Orion Service Manager to shut down and restart the SolarWinds Collector Service.