Manually configure AppInsight for Exchange on target servers in SAM
SAM uses an automated configuration tool to add AppInsight for Exchange to nodes during Discovery, or when nodes are added via the Add Node wizard. If that tool fails or you want to manually configure custom settings, permissions, and so on, follow these steps to set up AppInsight for Exchange on target servers.
Manual configuration is only recommended for experienced Exchange administrators.
- Verify Microsoft Exchange credentials
- Manually configure an Exchange server for AppInsight for Exchange
- Set PowerShell permissions for Exchange
- Find Exchange URL settings
- Use the Add New Application Monitors Wizard to manually assign AppInsight for Exchange to the node. An application monitor (also called an "application") is created for the node, based on the AppInsight for Exchange template. In the Orion Web Console, the default name displayed for the application monitor is "Microsoft Exchange."
- Navigate to the Manage Assigned Application Monitors page, select the application monitor on the node, and customize settings, as necessary.