Add application monitors to individual nodes in SAM
As described in the SAM Administrator Guide, there are several ways to add an application monitor to a node, including using the Add Node Wizard. After the Orion Platform discovers available resources on a new node and you select what to monitor, you'll be prompted to add application monitors for application(s) on the new node. Later, you can modify the assigned application monitors for a node, as necessary.
To use the Add Node wizard to add an application monitor to a node:
- To add a node, click Settings > All Settings > Add Node.
- When the Add Node Wizard appears, provide details on the Define Node tab, and then click Next.
- On the Choose Resources tab, select what you want to monitor.
- On the Add Application Monitors tab, use the Show Only drop-down list to select a category of application monitors and display a list of Component Types.
- Select the application monitor(s) you want to assign.
- Select or enter the appropriate credentials, and then click Next.
- On the Change Properties page, modify information as needed.
- Click OK to finish adding the node.