Integrate AppOptics APM with IIS nodes
The first time you integrate SolarWinds AppOptics APM with an IIS node monitored in the Orion Platform by SAM, you're prompted to create an AppOptics APM account or provide credentials for an existing account.
When you add AppOptics APM to a node, IIS services restart and related websites go down.
To integrate AppOptics APM with an IIS node for the first time, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > All Settings.
Under Product Specific Settings, click AppOptics APM Deployment Summary.
- On the AppOptics APM Deployment Summary page, click Add.
- When the Add an Integration wizard appears, click Create a new account.
If you already have an AppOptics APM account, click Go to AppOptics APM Login and follow steps provided in Retrieve an AppOptics APM API token.
- On the Log In page, provide account details and click Sign Up.
The Orion Platform generates a unique API token that provides access to AppOptics APM data and adds it to the Orion database.
- On the Select Nodes page, select the IIS node(s) and click Deploy.
The Orion Platform deploys AppOptics APM agents to nodes and IIS services restart on remote machines. Related websites go down. After a few minutes, AppOptics APM performance metrics appear in relevant SAM widgets such as Top IIS Pools.