Integrate AppOptics with IIS nodes monitored by AppInsight in SAM
The first time you integrate SolarWinds AppOptics with an IIS node monitored in the Orion Platform by SAM, you're prompted to create an AppOptics account or provide credentials for an existing account.
When you add AppOptics to a node, IIS services restart and related websites go down.
To integrate AppOptics with an IIS node for the first time:
- Navigate to Settings > All Settings.
Under Product Specific Settings, click AppOptics Settings.
- On the AppOptics Settings page, click Add.
- When the Add an Integration wizard appears, click Create a new account.
If you already have an AppOptics account, click Go to AppOptics Login and follow steps in Retrieve an AppOptics API token to integrate AppOptics with an IIS node in SAM.
- On the Log In page, provide account details and click Sign Up.
The Orion Platform generates a unique API token that provides access to AppOptics data and adds it to the Orion database.
- On the Select Nodes page, select the IIS node(s) and click Deploy.
SAM deploys AppOptics agents to nodes and IIS services restart on remote machines. Related websites go down. After a few minutes, AppOptics performance metrics appear in relevant SAM widgets such as Top IIS Pools.