Use custom properties
Custom properties allow you to assign custom values to nodes. Once you have assigned these values, they can be displayed on the map and in reports. For example, you may want to indicate if nodes are leased or owned. To accomplish this you can add a Yes/No custom property called Leased, and select which nodes to which you want to apply this property.
Custom Property formats are:
- Number (Integers)
- Yes/No (true/false)
Add a new custom property
- Click Edit > Custom Property Manager….
- Double -click the Property Name field. Enter a descriptive name for you custom property.
- Select a Format.
- Click the Edit values tab.
- Select the check box to mark Yes/No properties as Yes (true).
- Double-click the custom property field next to the node IP for a node you want to assign text, number, decimal, or date properties.
- When you have finished assigning the property to nodes, click OK.
To display custom properties, click Node Display Options > Custom Properties.
To edit custom properties click Custom Property Manager… and select the property you want to edit.