SolarWinds NTA Upgrade Guide
Updated December 4, 2018
This page is for upgrading an existing installation of NetFlow Traffic Analyzer 4.2.3 and earlier. For fresh installations of NTA, see the NTA Installation Guide.
About upgrading NTA 4.4 and later
Before you install NTA 4.4 or later, here's what you should know:
- SolarWinds NTA 4.4 and later requires SQL Server 2016 SP1 for the NTA Flow Storage database. The NTA Flow storage database can be on the same server as the Orion database.
- Data from earlier versions of NTA cannot be migrated to NTA 4.4 and later.
- Orion Platform 2018.4 products (such as NTA 4.5) are no longer compatible with the following platforms:
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
- SQL Server 2012, 2012 SP1, 2012 SP2, 2012 SP3, and 2012 SP4
Upgrading multiple products? See our SolarWinds multiple products upgrade guide!
Upgrade instructions for NTA 4.4 and later
Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to upgrade NTA 4.4 and later.