Uninstall SolarWinds NTA
Complete the following steps to remove only NTA from an Orion deployment (leaving other Orion Platform products).
To uninstall your entire Orion deployment, see Uninstall all Orion Platform products from a server and prepare for reinstall.
Before you start
Before you uninstall the product, complete the following tasks:
- Back up the existing database.
- If you have your database on a VM, create a snapshot or copy of your VM.
- If you need help with backups, see your database vendor documentation.
- If you'd like to use SolarWinds Backup, click here for information.
- Back up product folders. You may have customizations in these folders specific to your installations.
To remove NTA from a server, complete the following steps:
- Remove product licenses:
- In the Orion Web Console, select Settings > All Settings.
- Under Details, click License Manager.
- In the web-based License Manager, select the product license to remove.
- Click Deactivate.
This removes the license activation and server assignment.
With the license deactivated, it is parked, or available but unused.
- Stop all Orion services:
- Log in to the Orion server.
- Open the Orion Service Manager through Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager.
- Click Shutdown Everything.
- Remove NTA:
- Open Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel.
Right-click SolarWinds Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, and select Uninstall.
- Run the Configuration wizard.
The SolarWinds Configuration wizard opens when the uninstallation is complete. If the Configuration wizard does not load automatically, start the Configuration wizard through Start > SolarWinds Orion > Configuration Wizard.
The Configuration wizard runs to verify other elements of your Orion deployment and makes repairs if needed.
- On the Welcome panel of the Configuration wizard, select all components and click Next.
- Complete the wizard. Accept the default values for your existing database and website settings. On the Service Settings panel, leave all services checked.
- Delete or rename the following files or folders if they are present. If you installed to a different drive, use that drive instead of C:\.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Modules\NTA
- Remove NTA-related registry keys:
These steps affect your Registry settings. SolarWinds recommends backing up your Registry before making any changes. For assistance, contact Support.
- Open a Command Prompt on the Orion server.
regedit, and press Enter.
Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Wow6432Node > SolarWinds > Orion.
- Delete the
NetFlow Traffic Analyzerfolder.
- Restart the server.
For further information and assistance uninstalling your product, contact Support.