Troubleshoot a NetPath service with external path data in NPM
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA
You can use NetPath™ to diagnose a slow connection to an external service. This example uses amazon.com.
- Click My Dashboards > Network > NetPath Services.
- Expand the service that your users reported as slow or unreachable.
- Click the probe from the office or location that reported the issue.
- Under Path History, locate the date and time for when your users reported the issue. Here, there is a yellow warning entry at 5:09 p.m.
on April 20.
- Click the yellow bar at 5:09 p.m. in the chart.
- The problem is in Amazon's network. Click the red Amazon node to expand it.
- Although Amazon's network is large and complex, you should investigate the red and yellow areas.
- Click the red connection between the two nodes to open the inspector panel.
- Expand the Issues section to see that packet loss is over the critical threshold, and that it is 17% likely that transit passed through this link.
- Click the red 188.8.131.52 node to open the inspector panel.
- Use the phone number or email address to contact the service provider and report the issue. Present the following information to resolve the issue:
- IP addresses of the nodes in question (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 in this case)
- Date, time, and duration of the performance issue
- Latency and packet loss information