Remotely manage monitored interfaces in NPM
To manage interfaces remotely, the parent node must have not only a Community String, but also the Read/Write Community String set correctly. See Edit polling settings.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Expand the parent node of the interface.
To find the node, use the filter and search tools above the nodes list.
- Select the interfaces to manage.
- To shut down the interfaces, click More Actions > Shut Down, and click OK to confirm.
- To enable the interfaces, click More Actions > Enable.
- If the selected interface is EnergyWise-enabled, you can override the current power level setting. Click More Actions > Override Power Level, set the power level, and click OK.
Remote overrides are temporary and reset in accordance with your configured EnergyWise policy for the selected interface. See Temporarily reset the current power level of a monitored EnergyWise interface in NPM.