Test Device Studio pollers in NPM
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NPM
A Device Studio poller may not always be seamlessly supported by the device it is tested on. For example, errors occur if the OID the Device Studio poller polls for is not supported by the device, or if the returned value is not of the expected data type defined by the Device Studio poller.
To get the Device Studio poller working in your environment, try the following:
- Test the Device Studio poller on a different node.
- If the device you use for testing is not fully compatible with the Device Studio poller, upgrading the firmware of your test device might help.
- Modify the Device Studio poller to suit the devices you have. For example, you can modify the OID that is used to poll the device.
- Modifying Device Studio pollers this way requires familiarity with the MIB database structure.
- Some of the pollers provided by SolarWinds cannot be modified with Device Studio. You can only modify the poller definition of these pollers in a text editor.