Kiwi Syslog Server 9.5 Release Notes
Updated March 11, 2016
This article lists new features, improvements and issues in the Kiwi Syslog Server Release 9.5.
Kiwi Syslog Server 9.5
New features and improvements
- Added support for IPv6.
- Log to Papertrail Cloud (new action to log syslog messages to a cloud-based server).
- Added support to forward SNMP v1, v2, and v3 traps.
- Added support to send/receive SNMP v3 traps.
- Allow TrapVarBinds Elements in output.
- Statistic reports can now be mailed out based on an hourly/daily/weekly/monthly detail.
- The five web user account restriction has been removed and you can now configure several administrative and standard user accounts in Kiwi Web Access.
- The web access upgrading issue from Kiwi Syslog Server v9.4.2 to v9.5 RC1 has been fixed.
- Kiwi Syslog Server - The issue with multiple entries for the same server in statistics have been fixed.
- Kiwi Syslog Server - The issue with message counts in the statistic details not resetting properly after midnight issue has now been fixed.
- Kiwi Syslog Server - The number of hosts being displayed in the syslog diagnostics are now customizable.
- Kiwi Syslog Server Log to database action in 2003 Operating System needs Microsoft patch (WindowsServer2003-KB983246) to work without any issues.
- Kiwi Syslog Server - IP filter masking option is only available for IPv4.
- Retaining the source address while forwarding the trap to another host using an IPv6 format will not work.