Filter messages based on time of day
Use the Time of day filter to include messages sent during specific times. For example, you can use this filter to stop processing messages sent during test or maintenance periods.
Only messages sent during the specified times trigger actions in the associated rule.
- From the Kiwi Syslog Service Manager, choose File > Setup.
- Add a rule, or locate an existing rule.
- Right-click Filters below the rule, and click Add Filter.
- Right-click the default filter name. Select Rename Filter to enter a descriptive name.
In the Field menu, select Time of day.
Click a cell or column header to select cells and to specify the times. Selected cells are highlighted.
To exclude a time period, select that time period and click Inverse.
- Right-click the highlighted area and select Toggle to On.
Green check marks indicate that the column cells are included.