Add or edit Cisco and ASA credentials
IPAM uses CLI (command-line interface) commands and Telnet or SSH protocols to gather data from CISCO and ASA devices. Verify that your DHCP servers have configurable connection types (SSH or Telnet), ports, and a user name and password.
If you change passwords on managed devices, ensure that you also change them in the IPAM credentials list.
- Click Settings > All Settings > IPAM Settings > Credentials for Scope scans.
- To add a new credential, click Add New and select CISCO or ASA.
- To edit an existing credential, select the credential then click Edit.
- Enter a name for this credential, the user name, and password.
The user name / password is for the user account you use to log in to the device through CLI to perform system configurations.
- Select the Enable Level.
The enable level must have privileges to execute configure terminal commands as well as to be able to configure IP SLA operations. For information on configuring network devices, please see your manufacturer’s documentation.
- Enter the Enable Password for this level.
- Select the Protocol: Telnet or SSH.
- Enter the Port.
- Click Save.