Install IPAM into a SolarWinds Orion Platform
- If you are installing IPAM 4.4 or later, see the instructions for the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
- This is the IPAM Legacy Installation Guide for versions 4.2 to 4.3.1.
To integrate IPAM with an existing Orion Platform, you may need to install the stand-alone product onto the Orion server and perform additional steps. These instructions walk-through the specific installation steps, Configuration wizard selections, and any additional licensing and integration options to select.
Consider these guidelines for your installation:
- When integrating with the existing Orion SQL database, the user account needs only to be in the
db_ownerdatabase role for the existing database.
- For advanced configuration requirements and steps, see the IPAM Administrator Guide.
- If you have High Availability as part of your Orion Platform installation, review High Availability in SolarWinds products.
Adding a new product into an existing Orion Platform may require upgrading the current products prior to the installation.
- Using compatibility information and the SolarWinds Product Upgrade Adviser, determine if currently installed products must be upgraded prior to installing this product.
- Depending on the upgrade path, upgrade products following the SolarWinds Upgrade Guide. When complete, install the new product following these instructions.
- When preparing the server, review the multi-module system guidelines when installing into an existing Orion Platform.
|1. Download installation files and license from the Customer Portal||
If you have not yet created a SolarWinds account, see Access the Customer Portal to create an account.
You may also need the license key for your product:
|2. Install the product||
3. Run the Configuration wizard
After the installation completes, the Configuration wizard automatically runs. If the Configuration wizard does not load automatically, start the Configuration wizard in the SolarWinds Orion > Configuration and Auto-Discovery program folder.
|4. Install on the additional web server (optional)||
If you have an additional web server (AWS), download and install the product using the Scalability Engine Installer.
Best Practice: If the product included hotfixes, you can also run those directly on the additional web server. The Scalability Engine Installer should have included them. If the hotfix installation states the fixes are already installed, do not continue. Otherwise, complete the installation instructions from the README file.