Set an IP address status to Available, Used, Transient, or Reserved in IPAM
The status of any monitored IP address within a defined subnet may be set from the IP Address view on the Manage Subnets & IP Addresses page.
If a subnet contains more than 4,096 IP addresses (lower than /20 or 255.255.240.0 mask), IPAM only displays IP addresses in previously added ranges. For larger subnets, you must add IP address ranges for monitoring before IPAM can display addresses that may be managed.
- Click My Dashboards > Manage Subnets & IP Addresses.
- Click the subnet.
- Select the IP addresses to be modified.
- Click Set Status and then select Available, Reserved, Transient or Used
- Available: IP addresses currently unassigned to any network device.
- Reserved: IP addresses typically located in blocks both at the beginning and at the end of any selected subnet. Reserved addresses may not be assigned to any network device.
See Reserve an IP Address for instructions on how to reserve an IP address.
- Transient: IP addresses typically associated with mobile devices that do not necessarily maintain continuous connection to the network.
- Used: IP addresses currently assigned to a network device. As such, they may not be assigned to any other network device without first terminating their current assignment.
There is a fifth status icon: API Blocked. You cannot manually set an IP address status to API Blocked. This indicated an IP address is being modified by the IPAM API.