Add IPv4 subnets and IP addresses
The Automatic Subnet Discovery wizard scans selected routers for IPv4 subnets and their IP Addresses and imports them into IPAM. The wizard eliminates the need for manual entry or the importing of IP Address spreadsheets.
- Go to Settings > All Settings > IPAM Settings > Add Subnets & IP Addresses.
- Select Discover routers & poll subnets and IP addresses from them, and click Next.
The Subnet Discover wizard is displayed.
- Select the nodes to scan. You can:
- Accept the Default Gateway.
- Select from the list of monitored SNMP nodes.
- Manually add routers. To scan routers that are not monitored nodes, click Add nodes by IP Address, and add their IP addresses in the text box.
- Click Next.
- If you need to add new credentials, click Add New Credential. For information on adding credentials, see Add SNMP credentials.
- Adjust the Discovery Settings sliders for Hop Count and SNMP Timeouts. IPAM scans the default gateway and any other selected routers within the range of hops you determine.
Use theSubnet Discovery Results page to select those you want to import.
How IPAM discovers IP addresses
IPAM uses device routing tables to poll the subnets.
The following OIDs are used during discovery and device polling: