Deactivate and re-activate licenses with License Manager
To move your SolarWinds product to another server, you need to deactivate the current license from the computer and reactivate it on the server with a new installation. To do this without contacting SolarWinds Customer Service, Toolset must be under an active maintenance.
- Log in to the computer where the currently licensed SolarWinds product is installed.
- Start the License Manager in the SolarWinds program folder.
- Select the products you want to deactivate on this computer, and click Deactivate.
- You can deactivate more than one product at the same time. In this case, the deactivation file contains information about each product.
- In certain products, you can deactivate licenses by using the internal licensing tool of the product.
The deactivated licenses are now available to activate on a new computer.
The new License Manager tool has offline deactivation with a created file that can be uploaded to the Customer Portal.
Log in to the computer where you want to install your products, and then start installation.
When asked to specify your licenses, provide your information.
The license you deactivated earlier is assigned to the new installation.