Send syslog messages
You can use the tool to send Syslog messages to another Syslog server. This feature is commonly used to add messages manually to a remote Syslog database for testing, during system upgrades, and while troubleshooting a network problem.
- Click Edit > Send Syslog Message.
- In the Target Host name or IP address field, enter the host name or IP address of the message target.
- Select a priority from the list.
- Select a facility code from the list.
- Enter your message, and then click Send Message.
Your message is sent on UDP port 514.