- Click Alerts > Configure Alerts, and then click New Alert on the Configure Alerts window.
- Enter the name of the alert to be created, and then select Enable this Alert.
- Click Property to Monitor, and then select the property you want to monitor.
You can alert on only one property at a time.
- Click Monitored Network Objects, and then select the monitored object.
- Click Alert Trigger, and then specify the trigger and reset values.
Values are based on the property you choose to monitor. For example, if you select IP address for a node, there are no selectable alert triggers. Toolset Network Performance Monitor notifies you when the IP address changes. If you select Received bits per second for an interface, you can select a threshold and another threshold at which the alert resets.
When an Alert triggers, the trigger action is not repeated until the reset condition has been satisfied.
- Click Time of Day, and then specify the time the alert should trigger, including days of the week.
- Click Alert Suppression, and then specify the alert suppression settings.
Selecting one of the suppression options provides the ability to add conditions under which alerts are suppressed.
- Click Actions, and then click Add Alert Action and add the actions to trigger for this alert.
For example, sending a page. You can configure multiple actions for a single alert. Depending on the action selected, Toolset Network Performance Monitor prompts you for more information. For example, when configuring an e-mail alert, you are prompted for the e-mail addresses, the e-mail address to use in the From field, the SMTP server address and port, the message, and the reset message.
- Some pager systems require a valid reply address in order for the page to complete.
- To suppress the e-mail for either the alert trigger or reset condition, remove the text from the subject and message fields on the corresponding tab.
- When e-mailing a website link, you must specify the URL and any required user ID and password in the corresponding trigger and reset tabs.