Uninstall SolarWinds EOC
You may need to uninstall SolarWinds EOC to reinstall for resolving issues or to move to a new server during a migration.
Uninstalling products may require uninstalling files and editing registries.
- SolarWinds strongly recommends that you only edit files as instructed. Any additional modifications to Orion Platform files may result in system performance issues or may create an error state.
- SolarWinds strongly recommends that you back up your registry before making any edits to your system registry. You should only edit the registry if you are experienced and confident in doing so. Using a registry editor incorrectly can cause serious issues with your operating system. SolarWinds cannot guarantee resolution to any damage resulting from making registry edits.
- For technical assistance, contact Support.
Before you begin
Prior to uninstalling, SolarWinds recommends the following preparation of your environment:
|Back up the existing database||
To preserve your data, back up your database(s). If you need help with backups, check your vendor's site for documentation and instructions.
|Back up product folders||Create copies and backups of your product folders. You may have customizations in these folders specific to your installations.|
Uninstall EOC 2.0 and later
To remove Enterprise Operations Console 2.0 and later from a server, complete the following steps:
|1. Remove product licenses||
Follow the steps to remove the SolarWinds EOC product licenses.
|2. Uninstall SolarWinds EOC||
|3. Delete or rename SolarWinds folders||
Delete or rename the files from the following locations to fully clear all files. If you installed to a different domain, look on that location instead
|4. Remove specific Registry keys||
Important: These steps affect your Registry settings. SolarWinds strongly recommends that you back up your registry before making any edits. For assistance, contact Support.
|5. Restart and reinstall||Restart the server. You can reinstall EOC following the EOC Installation Guide.|
Uninstall the entire Orion Platform deployment
Starting with Orion Platform 2019.2, you can run the
-uninstall command to remove the entire Orion Platform deployment using the SolarWinds Orion installer.
This command removes your entire Orion deployment from the server on which it runs. Do not use this option to remove only one module.
If you deployed scalability engines, run the following steps on your scalability engines (that is, Additional Polling Engines and Additional Web servers) and then repeat the steps on the main polling engine - the Orion server.
- In the command line, run the following command:
'path to exe'\SolarWinds.Orion.Installer.exe -uninstall
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete uninstalling your Orion Platform deployment.
All Orion Platform products are removed, including all relevant registry entries and folders.